It can be really useful to just watch someone who knows what they're doing to code something. You can see how they approach problems, and learn how they look up things they don't know.
This is exactly the approach I took when I wanted to learn 3D modeling with Blender. It worked wonders!
Here are some topics discussed in this video:
- What chunks you can break this problem into so it can be solved cleanly
- How to write maintainable CSS, and a website link
- Why you shouldn't use 100% grey colors
- What are good online reference resources
- How to query the Github API without any JS frameworks
Enjoy, and let me know what you thought of it!
Here's the source code that I came up with by the end of the session. You can run it yourself, or use it as a basis for some other project.